Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Yellowstone National Park





































Yellowstone......I'll start by telling you it's very cold here. Home townies are still wearing their winter coats and warn knit hats. When we left Florida it was in the 90's. We now have four blankets, one being a quilt, to keep warm at night. Daytime weather is not much better, cloudy, some rain, 40's and some sun. Breathing is more difficult here.

Yellowstone itself is still beautiful. It is the world's first national park and one of the largest in the U.S..Yellowstone contains more than 2 million acres of steaming geysers, crystalline lakes thundering waterfalls and incredible views. Its highest elevation is 11,358 feet at Eagle Peak's summit. There is so much more to see than just the ever popular Old Faithful, my personal sight is the Upper and Lower Falls. I also enjoy seeing the fisherman in this beautiful setting with perhaps a buffalo almost next to him on the shore busy eating. Yesterday we saw many young people hiking on the back country trail.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Dawn! I didn't know you'd started a new blog. I'll have to read back and catch up on your travels. Gorgeous photos in this post!

Joan said...

I know I am rally late with this comment but thought I had to say hello it has ben so long. We had a wondderful four part documentary about Yellowstone it looks a fantastic place. Take care Love Joan