Thursday, April 23, 2009

Holy Cow, It's been a while!



Holy cow, it's been a while. Winter over and we are packing to leave here after church this Sunay, Easter Sunday. We are going to our friend's retirement from the Navy in New Orleans. His family from Mass. will all be flying in and it is sure to be a great time. Dan, is a son of my forever friend Carol, this being her third son to retire from the Armed Services.

We will be traveling I-10 which is flooded in some area, so we are not sure how long we will be able to stay on this route. Time will tell.

It's been another fun year at Baker Acres. It is a very friendly park with a lot of people volunteering for a wide variety of activities. Park events included Fun Day, in which I was the sheriff and had 5 deputes. We raised over $400 for more activities. We played bocce, talent contests. built a float for the city parade and won first prize, many pot lucks, we ran a baby shower this year for needy families in Zephyrhills, once a month we had paid entertainments come into the park for a small fee, one being a Elvis impersonator, Jimmy Smith, the ladies just love him and he feeds right into them. Good show. We had some line dancing lessons this year that went over big, we had a sox hop, another fun night was a Murder at Deadwood party, which was held in our clubhouse. It's hard to think of all the fun things going on here. Another unusual activity was chair volleyball, so many laughs here. It is played with a beach ball and 8 players on each side. You must keep your butt on the chair, which is harder than you think. That's about all that I can think of now. I'll save time now and not go into all the things we did outside of the park. LOL

This year we were pleased to have old friends Art and Ginny stay at the park two months with us, right across the street, and also friend Pat an Ken came down for a month.

Our managers, Marla and Don are two of the nicest people I've met and she is a great cook as well. She personal baked over 600 cookies for an activity we were having. We have good neighbors and hopefully we will get to know them a little better next season. I guess that's enough for now. Hugs.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Well, Dawn, I've been in and out of blogging for a number of months ... mostly cause I was having a pity party for myself over some dental mess. It's almost resolved and I'm back to feeling like me again so I'm making the rounds and saying 'hello!'

sounds like your winter was filled with fun and friends ... who could ask for more?

Your grandaughter is beautiful. I wish you all the happiness grandparents can have!